[rabbitmq-discuss] Throughput observation with RabbitMQ-3.1.3 and Erlang R16B01 - Single Node and Cluster Node

Gavin M. Roy gmr at meetme.com
Thu Aug 1 21:39:48 BST 2013

I'll add that using pypy instead of python shows dramatic throughput increases with pika. Also note that as of my tests, the Tornado connection adapter is the fastest and as of right now, the Blocking adapter is pretty slow due to the logic required to make it answer RabbitMQ RPC requests while being single threaded.

I've been experimenting with using librabbitmq if it's available for the low level codec to see if there are performance improvements, but that's a ways off.

Regards,

Gavin