[rabbitmq-discuss] Creating an auth plugin (Kerberos)

Simon Lundström simlu at su.se
Tue Apr 30 11:07:10 BST 2013

Hm, I'm experiencing some weirdness now that I didn't before. I'm sure
I'm to blame but I belive I have checked all configuration parameters.

In rabbitmq.config I've made sure that RabbitMQ uses my plugin:
{auth_backends, [rabbit_auth_backend_kerberos, rabbit_auth_backend_internal]},

And my plugin is enabled:
# rabbitmq-plugins list
[…]
[E] rabbitmq_auth_backend_kerberos    0.0.0
[…]

The code I'm using is <https://github.com/simmel/rabbitmq-auth-backend-kerberos/tree/71cffb> and everything works when I authenticate a user that exists in the Kerberos database but when I try to login with a guest which is a local user, and it doesn't exist in the Kerberos database, it doesn't seem to fallback to rabbit_auth_backend_internal?

The output in the error log is:
{refused,"User '~s' exists in internal database, not authenticating user with Kerberos.", [<<"guest">>]}

which is correct, but it doesn't seem to fallback, as I said. I'm using
3.0.4.

Br,
- Simon