[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP over HTTP proxy

Tomer Paz tomer.paz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 07:41:02 BST 2013

Hi,

We have strict constraint to use "web services" between distributed worker
apps on remote sites communicating over WAN.
meaning - worker apps must use only HTTP port 80 to communicate with Rabbit
broker.
These WAN connections are low quality in some cases...

What is the best practice recommended?
WebSockets? native or over STOMP?
Assume we are using a proxy HTTP server at the data-center, where Rabbit
hides behind it. (currently Apache HTTPD, if that is relevant at all)

Our clients are mostly written in .Net and Java, they are apps, not
browsers (just to clarify the issue)

TIA
Tomer