[rabbitmq-discuss] Federated Cluster Issue

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Apr 26 10:37:50 BST 2013

On 25/04/13 18:45, Richard Raseley wrote:

> The error was telling me that the user I had specified (not sure if in
> the URI or the "local username") didn't have access to a
> "federation:queue_name" where "queue_name" was one of the queues
> attached to the exchange I was federating. Granting that user the .*
> Configure permission. Is this permission strictly required when
> federating a link? If so - I should consider using a username that is
> different than the one that producers and consumers use so that I don't
> grant them more permissions than appropriate (as we don't allow dynamic
> queue creation, etc.).

The local_username needs to be able to publish to the local exchange.

The remote user in the URI needs to be able to bind to the upstream
exchange, and also declare queues and exchanges whose name begins with
"federation:".

I thought this was documented on the website, but I now can't find it.
Hmm, time to fix that...

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen