[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ-C SSL support

Lothe_Shashank Lothe_Shashank at mahindrasatyam.com
Fri Apr 26 08:10:21 BST 2013

Hi,

I downloaded Rabbitmq--c-master fromhttps://github.com/alanxz/rabbitmq-c/tree/ssl. I understand that this package supports SSL functionalities for rabbitmq-c. I were able to compile and install this package and examples provided in it.

Steps I followed on server side:
step - 1.Created own CA and generated  the key
* For creating CA I followed this link http://www.rabbitmq.com/ssl.html
step-2:Next I created our own rabbitmq.config at /etc/rabbitmq .
[
  {rabbit, [
     {ssl_listeners, [5672]},
     {ssl_options, [{cacertfile,"/path/to/testca/cacert.pem"},
                    {certfile,"/path/to/server/cert.pem"},
                    {keyfile,"/path/to/server/key.pem"},
                    {verify,verify_peer},
                    {fail_if_no_peer_cert,false}]}
   ]}
].

step-3: Then I executed the program using following command
 ./amqps_listen <Server> 5672 amq.direct AAA "/<PATH_TO>/cacert.pem"  "<PATH_TO/key.pem" "<PATH_TO/cert.pem"

amqp_socket_open is failing with following message displayed on console:
opening SSL/TLS connection

I disabled firewall on server [sudo ufw disable] but still the same error. Kindly suggest.

Thanks and regards,
Shashank

DISCLAIMER: