[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue peeking

Prazzy prazzee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 01:05:24 BST 2013

Hi,

I am new to RabbitMQ and I have a question on get messages option in
management plugin. It says """Clicking "Get Message(s)" will consume
messages from the queue. If requeue is set the message will be re-added to
the queue, but ordering will not be preserved and "redelivered" will be
set."""

Other article about peeking a queue
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.networking.rabbitmq.general/12034 says
"""In the next version of rabbit (after v2.6.1) the order will not
be  destroyed when requeueing messages. Messages will be requeued to
the  front of the queue, meaning that you can "peek" at the head of
the  queue. You can make use of the management interface or use an
AMQP  client to do this."""

So why management plugin says the ordering will not be preserved? I am just
trying to understand which is one correct?

Thanks