[rabbitmq-discuss] EXT :Re: Memory not flushing to disk

Rodrian, Logan P (IS) Logan.Rodrian at ngc.com
Tue Apr 23 18:11:33 BST 2013

Emile-

Thank you for that information.

Let me present our use case in a larger context and see what your thoughts are.  Our goal with using RabbitMQ as a broker was to provide a managed "disk backup" of data while consumers were unavailable, ensuring no data is lost.  In our environment, the consumers may not be available for a long time.

I understand the use of vm_memory_high_watermark to put a "band-aid" on the problem, but it sounds like we will still run into issues eventually.

So, are there any parameters that can be set on the server to configure it for this type of environment?  This includes use of any alternative plugins that keep the indexes in a different way and/or persist data to the disk using a different approach.

I want to be sure that I have exhausted all possibilities with RabbitMQ in our use case to decide if it is something that will work in our environment or not, so any insight you have in this area would be appreciated.  Perhaps we are attempting to use RabbitMQ in a way other than what it was designed for??

Logan Rodrian