[rabbitmq-discuss] Growing Memory Use and Queues

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Apr 18 10:37:06 BST 2013

On 17/04/13 20:18, Ilya Volodarsky wrote:
> It seems like a memory leak or bug in garbage collection. Looking at the
> changelog for the versions of RMQ I don't see anything super relevant
> that would fix by updating to 3.0.4.

You are probably seeing this, fixed in 3.0.2:

25353 fix issue preventing idle queues from hibernating sometimes

The key point is that queues GC when they are working, and when they
hibernate. A queue that is not doing work but has also not hibernated
might not GC for a long time. So an upgrade is suggested after all :-)

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware