[rabbitmq-discuss] 3.0.4 extremely unstable in production...?

Matt Wise matt at nextdoor.com
Tue Apr 16 22:58:44 BST 2013

Interesting... We are still running one node in us-west-1a, and one in us-west-1c. Today alone we saw 3 network glitches on the node in us-west-1a where it became unable to connect to remote services in other datacenters. Obviously the hardware or rack that machine is living on is having problems.

The interesting part though is that RabbitMQ did not seem to report a network partition during these events now that we're running 2.8.5 and only two nodes instead of three. I'm still digging through the logs to see if there were other interruptions, but it still feels like the code is either:
  a) more stable with 2 nodes
  b) more fault-tolerant in 2.8.5 than it is in 3.0.4

--Matt