[rabbitmq-discuss] Filtering

Lee Sylvester lee.sylvester at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 11:18:15 BST 2013

Hi Tim,

Thank you, that's great information.  To give you a bit of a clearer picture of what I'm doing;

I have a clusterable node which creates websocket connections using Cowboy and Bullet.  Each websocket connection is stored in Mnesia, so that it can be referenced across the cluster.  As I add more nodes (load balanced), I can handle more connections.  What I want to do is to augment the Erlang messaging layer with an MQ layer so as not to clutter it with too much traffic.  Thus, I can get the PID of a connections process from Mnesia and send a message straight to it over RabbitMQ.  The RabbitMQ connections will be routed based on node name, so I know what node I want to message and what RabbitMQ filter to apply.  As new nodes come online, my Erlang node is setup to request all other nodes to create new RabbitMQ nodes to these new ones and vice versa.

I think what you describe could work very well.

Regards,
Lee