[rabbitmq-discuss] Clustering and Scalability

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Apr 10 12:33:25 BST 2013

On 09/04/13 13:45, Chris Nicel wrote:
> I have reviewed the clustering guidelines and understand the queues
> do not migrate across a cluster when the nodes are being taken down.
> If a node fails/is taken down then queues for which it maintained
> will no longer be protected if an HA policy of exactly two nodes is
> used, until that node is restored that is.

Or until another node comes on line, or until

> I believe these three questions will further my understanding:
>
> Is there a way to re-nice the queues across the cluster to even out
> the load?
>
> Is there a way to migrate already existing queues to new nodes as
> slaves?
>
> If a queue loses a node and a new node is added to the cluster, will
> the new node join the ha policy for that particular queue?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Chris
>
> 15below Limited: Company registered in England and Wales No 3945289
> Registered Office: Lyndean House, 43-46 Queens Road, Brighton BN1
> 3XB, United Kingdom
>
> 15below Australia Pty Limited: ABN 25 132 716 379 Level 50, 120
> Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia
>
> Please think about the environment before printing this email.

This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or legally
privileged and are solely for the use of the intended recipient.  If you
have received this email in error please contact the sender.  Any views
or opinions expressed within this e-mail are solely those of the sender,
and do not necessarily represent those of 15below unless otherwise
specifically stated.  Although 15below has taken every reasonable
precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been checked
for viruses, it is strongly recommended that you carry out your own
virus check before opening any attachment, as we cannot accept liability
for any damage sustained as a result of software virus infection.

Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware