[rabbitmq-discuss] Federation Over SSL with Intermediate Certificate Authority

Richard Raseley richard at raseley.com
Mon Apr 8 17:26:30 BST 2013

When attempting to federate two brokers over SSL, I understand that one
would configure SSL as described in the RabbitMQ documentation,
then instantiate the federation connection over the port specified in the
SSL configuration. That seems pretty straight forward. What I am not seeing
any documentation on is the use of a certificate that requires an
intermediate certificate to validate.

I was able to find one thread from this discussion list from a while back (
http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2012-March/018702.html),
but it is not 100% clear to me what was done there to successfully include
the intermediate certificate.

Is there any official guidance out there on how to use an intermediate
certificate in this scenario, or if not, could someone who has actually
done this before comment on the process required to get it working?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Richard