[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ unable to talk to remote server

pgaltieri at gmail.com pgaltieri at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 18:44:32 BST 2013

What you need to do is edit the file /etc/sysconfig/iptables on the RedHat
server system and add the following line

-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 5672 -j ACCEPT

Here is a snippet of my /etc/sysconfig/iptables

-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 5672 -j ACCEPT

dport 5672 is the well known port for amqp messages.  After you have added
the line you need to run

service iptables restart

on the RedHat system.  This should fix the problem.  I had the same issue
when trying out the RabbitMQ tutorials.  What I described here solved my
problem.

Hope this helps.

Paolo