[rabbitmq-discuss] Ingress does not work for me and the RMQ goes down

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Apr 5 13:53:38 BST 2013

On 05/04/13 13:48, Cermak, Marek wrote:
> Hi,
> well does this flow_control mechanism help against the broker crash?

Yes, I suspect you were overwhelming the broker with messages (which
were waiting to get into a queue or on to disc, they take up more memory
that way) - then memory use exploded to the point where the kernel oom
killer took Rabbit out.

When using the direct client the normal safeties are off, the client
will not slow down in the presence of flow control or memory alarms
unless you make it.

> Is it handled by the broker using socket blocking you mentioned in case of TCP connection?

Yes.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen