[rabbitmq-discuss] queue persistance/ queue mode

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 20:46:38 BST 2013

2013/4/2 chiragpujara <chiragpujara at gmail.com>

> Does it stores messages on
> disk? But still it is upto producer to write msgs to queue with that
> option.
> Is there a way for me to create queue that stores all the messages to disk.

Messages that are published as persistent will be stored on disk. You can
also declare a queue
as durable so that it survives broker restarts.

Producers do not publish messages to queues. They publish them to
exchanges, then RabbitMQ routes
them to queues. It is, of course, up to your application to publish
messages to exchanges. There is
something called Publisher Confirms to make that more reliable.

I highly recommend you to read
http://rabbitmq.com/tutorials/amqp-concepts.html first.
--
MK