[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Queues memory leak?

Dmitry Saprykin saprykin.dmitry at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 17:03:57 BST 2013

Hello,

I have durable persistent queue which is mirrored between 2 nodes.
Nodes live on separate hosts.
Clients publish about 400 messages per second which is received and acked
by 60 consumers.
So queue is almost empty all the time.

Meanwhile management plugin shows steady grows of memory consumption by
Queues on master node. (~1Mb per minute)

rabbitmqctl stop_app && rabbitmqctl start_app solves the problem temporary.

I have tried to set {queue_index_max_journal_entries, 65536} instead
of 262144 it does not change anything.

RabbitMQ version is 3.0.4
Erlang version R14B04

What am I missing here? Or should I schedule stop_app && start_app to free
Queues memory?