[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem with multiple consumers on multiple servers !

tluck tilak.chauhan at ymail.com
Mon Apr 1 10:16:22 BST 2013

Hi,

The real problem seems is the working fashion of rabbitmq (round robin). If
there are 2 consumers on a queue then I should see 2 unacknowledged messages
at a time (meaning, 2 consumers are consuming messages). But, I see only 1
unacknowledged message even there are plenty of messages in queue waiting to
be consumed. If both the consumers are running on different threads then how
could this possible ? why only 1 consumer is consuming message and other one
is in idle state ?

Is there any other way by which I can make consumers to consume next
messages from the queue as soon as they finish their last job/message ?

Thanks.
T.luck