[rabbitmq-discuss] Problems getting reply_to to work

Bob Buck buck.robert.j at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 22:28:12 BST 2012

Simple case, issue a request to a back end server to generate a report
and respond back with the report as a message.

http://pastebin.com/FvwcVqtH

Above is the pastebin of the code sample.

I get no message response, and at the server the metadata.reply_to is
an empty string ??? (even though in the management console I see
something like "amq.gen-wVDstTQg3NTbQVTjfqcDuO".

I am fairly new to AMQP, so this is likely a noob issue.

Does anyone see what I could be doing wrong? I've spent a number of
hours on this and I don't see why this does not work for me.

Thanks in advance.

Bob