[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit - Crash?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Sep 26 16:44:49 BST 2012

On 26/09/12 16:14, eugene wrote:
> RabbitMQ 2.8.6 terminated leaving the following in logs:

<snip>

> {{badmatch,{error,{file_error,"/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit at stgback/LATEST.LOG",
>                                   enospc}}},

You ran out of disc space, which RabbitMQ does not handle well.

Which is why we added disc space monitoring in 2.8.2 - when you get to <
1GB free disc space RabbitMQ should start blocking publishes.

But in your case it (presumably) didn't. Or else you managed to get
RabbitMQ to fill up the disc without accepting publishes.

In either case I am curious as to how you managed to do that :-) Have
you changed the disc space limit? Were you declaring vast numbers of
queues / exchanges / etc? Is
/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit at stgback/LATEST.LOG on a tiny partition?
Can you post the contents of /var/log/rabbitmq somewhere?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware