[rabbitmq-discuss] Admin User other than guest - have I missed a step?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Sep 26 15:55:12 BST 2012

(Please keep rabbitmq-discuss CCed)

On 26/09/12 15:49, m.luchak at smartasking.com wrote:
> hmmm.. I thought just creating as admin would automagically grant
> permissions...I've got the password correct.. when I access through the
> web admin "/api/users/newuser/permissions" it returns []

Well, the administrator tag is an additional thing used by mgmt,
basically allowing the ability to do things which are not part of AMQP.
Users still need regualr permissions for anything AMQPish (including
things like declaring queues if done through mgmt).

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware