[rabbitmq-discuss] C# posted messages to topic queue aren't going away when subscriber acks

Adam Polanski apolanski at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 18:44:56 BST 2012

I'm using C# .net client, posting messages to a durable,noAutodelete topic
queue while running several client threads that subscribe using bindings
such as 'web.page' and 'session.begin', I'm not using wildcards anywhere
yet.

The clients create their own queues, the messages get from the topic queue
to each clients subscription queue, then the clients are retrieving the
messages, processing and acknowledging them. The messages that are on the
main topic queue are sometimes draining to the relevant subscription
queues, but not always, so over time, some messages are being left on the
queue (even after having been processed by a subscription).

I'm guessing that this is an indication that I'm not handling the queues
correctly, is there anything obvious I could have missed?