[rabbitmq-discuss] FW: FW: FW: Bugs in Mgmt Console

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Sep 25 16:55:55 BST 2012

On 25/09/12 15:39, Chris Johnson wrote:
> We are installing via chef based on the latest .deb package (2.8.6). We
> are also installing the rabbitmq-erlang-client based on v.2.3.1 - that is
> our problem. Our chef guy can't find a more recent version of the client
> lib as a .deb - is it even necessary to install that, or do we get it as a
> part of the standard server install?

Not for the server - all the plugins including the Erlang client have
been bundled with the server install since 2.7.0.

Obviously if you have your own Erlang app which uses the client, you'll
want to install it separately. But in that case, put it somewhere the
server can't find it :-)

> Can we just drop the client .ez file into the plugins folder?

You shouldn't do that.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen