[rabbitmq-discuss] Cluster nodes stop/start order can lead to failures

Jonathan Oliver jonathan.s.oliver42 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 20:52:50 BST 2012

Wouldn't having no less than 3 nodes help with this? I would imagine that
the last node, even if it's a RAM node, would have the latest exchanges,
bindings, etc. and would be able to deliver them authoritatively to the any
node coming back online.  Obviously changes to exchanges and bindings could
not occur during the time period during which no durable nodes are
available, but I can't see why a RAM node couldn't help in this scenario.
 I haven't yet tested this scenario just yet, but it's simple enough to
prove with a few AWS cloud instances.