[rabbitmq-discuss] c# how to get ConfirmSelect errors

Mark Ward ward.mark at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 14:45:56 BST 2012

Hi Emile,

Thanks for the response.  I had come across the post
http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2011/02/10/introducing-publisher-confirms/ and
after looking at it again I noticed the example contained
"setconfirmListener" which has now been renamed to "addConfirmListener".
 It appears the .NET version of the rabbitMQ client does not have this
method or ability.  It would appear this is what I am looking for but I
have not found it in the .NET version.  Is this a lacking feature in the
.NET version or am I not looking in the right place?

I have the ability to identify the batch of message the fault occurred in
but I am seeking if I can identify specifically the messages in the batch.
 I am still working through the idea if it will work if the system knows
that a message did fail but does not know which ones.  Then working through
if the system will work with the possibility of 1 or more publications of
the same messages will not negatively impact the implementation.  I may
have to implement tracking unique message ids to prevent duplicate message
processing.

-Mark

Hi Mark,

On 19/09/12 22:02, Mark Ward wrote:
> How would I setup my program to be notified of each message that failed
> when using ConfirmSelect?  I have tried CallbackException but I am not
> getting events on permission errors.

The publisher needs to remember all messages that are published, and it
can forget about those that are confirmed. Messages that are yet to be
forgotten about at the time of the crash will need to be redelivered as
they might have been lost.

-Emile