[rabbitmq-discuss] federation plugin: x-federation exchange declaring

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Sep 17 12:00:49 BST 2012

On 17/09/12 11:56, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:
> Is there a way to avoid modification of client code to keep same versions of
> my python clients on both "A" and "B"? Where 'my-exchange' is 'direct' and
> 'x-federation' with backtype 'direct' respectively.

Not with 2.8.6.

This is a known irritation of using federation. In the next major
release the "x-federation" type is going away, you'll just declare
exchanges as normal and then apply federation to them separately. But
right now I'm afraid you'll need to modify your clients.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware