[rabbitmq-discuss] Confusing disk free space limit warning

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Sep 17 07:07:27 BST 2012

Mark,

On 17/09/12 05:31, Mark Hingston wrote:
> =INFO REPORT==== 16-Sep-2012::06:49:17 ===
> Disk free space limit now below limit. Free bytes:2000396288
> Limit:1000000000
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 16-Sep-2012::06:49:17 ===
>      alarm_handler: {clear,{resource_limit,disk,rabbit at mq1}}
>

> The amount of free space reported in the log is around twice the amount
> of space that rabbit requires in this instance, so I can't understand
> why this log occurred.

That log message actually tells you that everything is fine (again).
Note the "clear" in the alarm_handler entry.

The text is rather misleading though so I've just committed a fix to
make it less ambiguous in the next release.

> Any help you guys could give with tracking down the cause of this issue
> would be appreciated.

The problem must have occurred earlier, i.e. there should be a message
in the logs when the alarm was 'set' (rather than 'clear'ed).

Regards,

Matthias.