[rabbitmq-discuss] What is a proper workflow for ACKs?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Sep 14 13:59:45 BST 2012

Hi,

On 14/09/12 13:02, mgornik wrote:
> Unfortunately, I can't afford keeping all IDs of all messages sent through
> Rabbit. Can you tell me in which cases would ACK get lost after it is being
> accepted by IModel.BasicAck without exception being thrown?

If an ACK is lost then the message consumer will always see the network
connection drop and hence an exception. Without any synchronous calls on
the channel it may be hard to determine how many ACKs were lost. You
could use transactions to make this determination:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/amqp-0-9-1-reference.html#class.tx

-Emile