[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ very slow (or never) shuts down

Matt Pietrek mpietrek at skytap.com
Thu Sep 13 20:26:17 BST 2012

We "own" the network in that it's a direct connection between two
datacenters. It's not a particularly high speed connection, but it's
generally reliable. I've done some ping tests between the two nodes and
while an occasional packet will drop every once in awhile, it's not a
really horrible connection. The average ping round trip time is areound
80ms.

I'd be surprised if it's a dropped packet, as the shutdown on both brokers
seems to consistently take a long time. I just reproed this again, and one
broker took 1000 seconds to shut down, while the other took 995. I have the
logs from this repro, but a quick glance doesn't show anything radically
different. Let me know if there's anything else I can supply.