[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq cluster on amazon ec2

tetlika tetlika at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 17:35:55 BST 2012

hi!

I'm planning to set up a rabbitmq cluster in amazon ec2

For nodes interconnections I use route53, and my all my nodes have
corresponding fqdns which are automatically assigned.

As far as I can see - rabbitmq works with short hostnames (like host1,
rabbit2, etc.), even if a node has a hostname like host.example.com -
it refuses to work with that.

To use a hosts file it will be like nightmare in case of node failure
and changing ip address in different hosts files.

Is there a nice workaround for that?

Thanks.