[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Clustering with SSL

Purohit, Jignesh jignesh.purohit at atos.net
Tue Sep 11 15:55:41 BST 2012

Hi All,

We are facing problem in RabbitMQ clustering on two existing node enable for SSL. First we have set up SSL on both the nodes on SSL default port 5671 and then we have applied cluster set up with two disk nodes. After successful cluster set up we can able to see the cluster environment on management console which shows two disk nodes clustered.

1.       But after few hours While verifying it, we observed the management console doesn't appear so we checked the services and its stops on both the machines.

So we have started service of first node and then we can see the management console and it shows the second server disk node gets down. The time duration between set up and testing was hardly 1 hr. 30 mins. Node didn't went up by following command. We followed attached installation document for RabbitMQ installation. We also checked the cookies files and its correct.

rabbitmqctl start_app

rabbitmq-server -detached.

2.       To manage the cluster set up, we have created another disk node on the machine with diff name and same port (5671). The node is created successfully and shown the active status in management console. But the node working is not correct and is as follows.

1.       The messages are not transport properly on the queues generated after clustering. The queues are mirror queues. The queue status also shows "?" and when any message send to the queue, the management console is not able to open the queue detail window and the page gets hanged. It seems it goes into some loop. When we restart the RabbitMQ service, the page display properly but the queue status is same.

2.       When we shut down the first node and shift the focus on 2nd node then the messages get deleted from all the queues and not able to retrieve the messages. The queues are persistence and durable queues. When we send the message on 2nd node then the behaviours of queue is same as mentioned in #1.

3.       If any node of RabbitMQ or its service get shut down abruptly then is there any provision to send notifications to administrator? Currently this functionality is exists for other Windows services

If anybody knows how to start the shutdown node then kindly let us know.
Regards

Jignesh Purohit
Technical Architect

Mail To: jignesh.purohit at atos.net<mailto:jignesh.purohit at atos.net>