[rabbitmq-discuss] user authorization to access vhost via http API

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Sep 11 10:44:11 BST 2012

On 11/09/12 02:49, Farshad Meshkinpour wrote:
> Hello,

Hi.

> I have two users:  admin and foo.  I have three vhosts: /, /v1, /v1/v1a/.
>
> admin has access to all three vhosts.
> foo has access to /v1/v1a vhost only.
>
> I am using http api to access the queues in vhost /v1/v1a/.  admin can
> access and get info about all queues in the vhost /v1/v1a.  But foo gets
> 401 Unauthorized.
>
> What additional authorization should foo have to access /v1/v1a?

foo needs to have:

1) some configure / write / read permissions for the vhost "/v1/v1a"
(sounds like you've already done this, but I just want to confirm)

2) a tag to allow access to the HTTP API at all, at least "management"
(see http://www.rabbitmq.com/management.html#permissions)

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen