[rabbitmq-discuss] Can't install any plugins. Installed on Mac Snow Leopard via MacPorts.

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Mon Sep 10 17:23:34 BST 2012

Hi Mark,
If you are running with the latest MacPorts you should be getting version 2.8.5 at least.  Have you issued  sudo port selfupdate recently?

Macports installs the source (and compiles it) in its own generated areas (so as to keep version clashes to a minimum) and puts links to the executables in the /opt/local/bin directory. Macports should have updated your path (and your profile) to include both ../bin and ../sbin (and put a note in the profile to say what it has done).

sudo port selfupdate will ensure you are running with the latest version of Macports and have the latest indexes.  Uninstall rabbitmq-server first (you don't want two versions running simultaneously).

If you have the latest version then rabbitmq-plugins ought to be available as a command.

If you install the stand-alone version of rabbitmq-server (with plugins) -- which should work under Mac -- then the PATH is not modified, and the commands are in the bin subdirectory of the install directory.  Please read http://www.rabbitmq.com/install-generic-unix.html for information about the locations of files in this case.

Steve Powell  (a part-time bunny)
----------yet more definitions from the SPD----------
corrugate (n.) T.V. soap scandal.
olympic (n.) A camp road-digger.
jamboree (n.) A conserve made from French cheese.