[rabbitmq-discuss] FYI: RabbitMQ default installation broken on Ubuntu (potential all Debian-likes)

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Sep 7 16:50:26 BST 2012

Hi René,

On 07/09/12 14:49, Rene Gallati wrote:
> as a service provider I was tasked to install RabbitMQ for a customer
> system. No problem, it's in Ubuntu's default repository, right?

While not addressing your question I want to point out that version
2.7.1-0ubuntu4 shipping with 12.04 LTS makes it especially difficult to
diagnose startup errors like the one you encountered and should
therefore be avoided. You will find that the startup error log
(/var/log/rabbitmq/startup_err by default) contains the frustratingly
glib "rabbitmq failed to start" in case any error occurs. If at all
possible use the latest version from the rabbitmq.com website instead.

-Emile