[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit MQ Dead Lock

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Sep 6 12:30:16 BST 2012

Hi Joemon,

On 06/09/12 11:53, Joemon Varghese wrote:
>  We are not able to reproduce this issue.We are  getting thread abort error.

Ok, but that does not sound like deadlock.

>    Is there any chances of message being automatically
> deleted from Queue after certain amount of time.?

Yes: messages may be removed from a queue if the queue was declared with
TTL: http://www.rabbitmq.com/ttl.html#per-queue-message-ttl

>  because  sometimes my queries will take more than 1 hour but still i am
> keep on polling for the Response queue  for this     mesage id.

I'm afraid you have not provided enough information for me to
investigate any further. If you can reproduce the problem then please
provide a description of the steps to reproduce, or a minimal
self-contained piece of code that triggers the failure. In the meantime
here are some suggestions:

- v2.7.1 is very old now. Upgrade to the latest version
- Try not to use polling

-Emile