[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit failing to start on windows 8

Wayne Douglas wayne at prjatk.com
Mon Sep 3 21:41:26 BST 2012

Hi

I'm new to RabbitMq but have had it running under MassTransit for a while
on a windows 8 machine.

It now refuses to start - totally randomly i think.

here is the log from trying to start:

=INFO REPORT==== 4-Sep-2012::21:35:36 ===
Limiting to approx 924 file handles (829 sockets)

=ERROR REPORT==== 4-Sep-2012::21:36:06 ===
Timeout contacting cluster nodes. Since RabbitMQ was shut down forcefully
it cannot determine which nodes are timing out. Details on all nodes will
follow.

DIAGNOSTICS
===========

nodes in question: [rabbit at Wayne]

hosts, their running nodes and ports:
- Wayne: [{rabbit,1130}]

current node details:
- node name: rabbit at WAYNE
- home dir: C:\Windows
- cookie hash: hlikexZ54F023PLCOi6sEg==

=INFO REPORT==== 4-Sep-2012::21:36:07 ===
    application: rabbit
    exited: {bad_return,{{rabbit,start,[normal,[]]},
                         {'EXIT',{rabbit,failure_during_boot}}}}
    type: permanent

Like I said - up to now i've only had to install it and get going so not
really had to interact with rabbit at all - which is amazing! but now it's
playing up i'm completely lost so any help would be erally really
appreciated.

Many thanks

--
*