[rabbitmq-discuss] the problem about the consumer connection can be closed

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 31 11:55:45 GMT 2012

Hi Andy,

On 31/10/12 11:35, andy lin wrote:
>   the rabbitServer log has some  messages  as follows :
> closing AMQP connection <0.23889.27> (192.168.80.20:53035 ->
> 192.168.80.23:5672): {inet_error,ehostunreach}

This is a POSIX error with the following description:
"The destination host cannot be reached (probably because the host is
down or a remote router cannot reach it)."

> so after some time ,the queue will head up some many messages, the consumers
> don't receive any more.But the consumers don't have any exceptions ,so Could
> you tell me What situations can cause the problem? Thank  you

There was probably a network connectivity problem, or the reported host
is down. The benefit of a messaging broker is that service should resume
when connectivity to the affected host is restored.

-Emile