[rabbitmq-discuss] Question about RabbitMQ "Presence Exchange" Plugin

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 30 14:29:57 GMT 2012

On 30/10/12 14:18, Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:
> On 30 October 2012 00:27, Olda Ešner <olda.esner at gmail.com
> <mailto:olda.esner at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     after upgrading to RabbitMQ 2.8.6 from 2.8.5, presence-exchange
>     plugin doesn't work. Is there any chance to fix it?
>

> It's a consequence of the removal from the server's core of support for
> "immediate" publication. At least rabbithub and the udp-exchange will
> also have to be updated. The fix should be straightforward.

...although that's happened on default, not 2.8.6.

To the OP: you might need to get the un-updated version of the plugin
source, and then build that against the 2.8.6 source download.

Alternatively, whatever plugin binary you created for 2.8.5 should still
work, I don't think any APIs changed?

> I'll email again when I'm done. Shouldn't be long.

*clicks stopwatch* Six minutes, not bad :-)

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware