[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP-RPC vs REST

Laing, Michael P. Michael.Laing at nytimes.com
Tue Oct 30 00:28:43 GMT 2012

We use RPC a lot - async of course.

Though as our services get more reliable we are chaining together message
'pipelines' and re-routing/handling the few exceptions instead.

Our new stuff is http-free, actually. Websockets to the client; amqp (and
some zmq) otherwise. Plus s3 and DynamoDB and other AWS services.

OK... initial connection is http but then we upgrade.

Michael Laing