[rabbitmq-discuss] General Questions

Mark static.void.dev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 22:17:05 BST 2012

Erik, first off I would love to hear about your use case(s). I figured I would get a "it depends" answer so I'll try to be more specific.

Say I wanted to implement some sort of chat functionality with our application. I figure each logged in user would make a web socket connection to some service that would return the content of the messages. Now, would this mean each logged in user would create an anonymous queue and subscribe to it? In that case there could be potentially 10k's of queues. Is this ridicolous?