[rabbitmq-discuss] Memory leak caused by error_logger in 2.8.6?

Travis hcoyote at ghostar.org
Tue Oct 23 17:39:35 BST 2012

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 4:18 AM, Simon MacMullen <simon at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

> Hmm.
>
> Looks like it is progressing too slowly towards GC; what happens if you GC
> it manually?

I'm not sure how to force a manual GC.  I'd be happy to test it out if
you can tell me how.

> We are considering adding some background process that will GC the biggest
> process every so often, since it seems to be possible to end up with
> processes that consume a lot of memory but haven't chalked up enough
> reductions to get GCed.

Looking at the memory usage graphs across all of these particular
instances, I can see that *some* things are getting GC'd, but usage
generally remains flat at a particular point throughout the day (eg,
it's currently sitting at 25% utilization on one system -- or about
1.2G -- and I can see that memory usage rises to 1.5G at certain
points, but then goes back down to 1.2G ... when we're at 1.2G,
there's basically nothing in the handful of queues and they are
effectively idle).

Travis

--
Travis Campbell