[rabbitmq-discuss] Clustering

chetan dev dev440 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 09:46:10 BST 2012

Hi,

Thanks you very much for this information
another problem i am facing is i have two nodes clustered lets say
rabbit at SHIKHARM(ram) and rabbit at CHETANDEV(disc)
now if i stop rabbit at SHIKHARM using rabbitmwctl stop command  and then i
stop  rabbit at CHETANDEV  using stop_app command and then reset it this way i
remove it from cluster and restart the node
now rabbit at CHETANDEV starts and works fine but when i try to start
rabbit at SHIKHARM it fails .
i think it is trying to cluster with rabbit at CHETANDEV but that node is now
not in cluster but is there a way so that i can reset rabbit at SHIKHARM and
start it normally
here is the error that i got:
node           : rabbit at SHIKHARM
app descriptor : c:/Program Files/RabbitMQ
Server/rabbitmq_server-2.8.6/sbin/../
ebin/rabbit.app
home dir       : C:\Users\Acer
config file(s) : (none)
cookie hash    : +3xbT32/GKScN3yhCcE0Ag==
log            :
C:/Users/Acer/AppData/Roaming/RabbitMQ/log/rabbit at SHIKHARM.log
sasl log       :
C:/Users/Acer/AppData/Roaming/RabbitMQ/log/rabbit at SHIKHARM-sasl
.log
database dir   :
c:/Users/Acer/AppData/Roaming/RabbitMQ/db/rabbit at SHIKHARM-mnesi
erlang version : 5.9.1

-- rabbit boot start
starting file handle cache server
...done
starting worker pool
 ...done
starting database                                                     ...

BOOT FAILED
===========

Error description:
   {error,{failed_to_cluster_with,[rabbit at CHETANDEV],
                                  "Mnesia could not connect to any disc
nodes."}
}

Log files (may contain more information):
   C:/Users/Acer/AppData/Roaming/RabbitMQ/log/rabbit at SHIKHARM.log
   C:/Users/Acer/AppData/Roaming/RabbitMQ/log/rabbit at SHIKHARM-sasl.log

Stack trace:
   [{rabbit_mnesia,init_db,3,[]},
    {rabbit_mnesia,init,0,[]},
    {rabbit,'-run_boot_step/1-lc$^1/1-1-',1,[]},
    {rabbit,run_boot_step,1,[]},
    {rabbit,'-start/2-lc$^0/1-0-',1,[]},
    {rabbit,start,2,[]},
    {application_master,start_it_old,4,
                        [{file,"application_master.erl"},{line,274}]}]

{"Kernel pid
terminated",application_controller,"{application_start_failure,rabb
it,{bad_return,{{rabbit,start,[normal,[]]},{'EXIT',{rabbit,failure_during_boot}}
}}}"}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
Kernel pid terminated (application_controller)
({application_start_failure,rabbi
t,{bad_return,{{rabbit,start,[normal,[]]},{'EXIT',{rabbit,failure_during_boot}}}
}})

Thanks

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Tim Watson <watson.timothy at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ah of course - sorry i missed that guys. After so recently looking at the
> 3.0 cluster commands I'd forgotten that the choice of disk/ram was done
> that way in 2.8.x.
>
> On 22 Oct 2012, at 21:26, Matthias Radestock <matthias at rabbitmq.com>
> wrote:

> > yes, but...

> than
> rabbit at SHIKHARM
> >
> > That will make rabbit at CHETANDEV a *ram* node. To make both nodes disk
> nodes the node itself would have to be mentioned in the cluster command
> too, i.e. 'rabbitmqctl cluster rabbit at SHIKHAR rabbit at CHETANDEV'.

> > You have just stopped and restarted the clusters' only disk node. Rabbit
> clusters won't function properly if they have only ram nodes.

> > Try running that command against rabbit at SHIKHARM. I suspect it will
> tell you that it only knows about itself.
> >
> > Anyway, I suggest you change your cluster configuration s.t. both nodes
> are disk nodes.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Matthias.

Cheten  Dev