[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP plugin - durable subscription limitation

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Oct 19 15:26:56 BST 2012

Hi Michael,

On 19/10/12 14:22, Emile Joubert wrote:
> If I'm misunderstanding your question then please send another
> illustration that shows what information is missing. Is the problem with
> the STOMP spec or with the RabbitMQ implementation of it?

After sending this I discovered that some relevant documentation about
the handling of message-id headers in STOMP in RabbitMQ was not
published, so I've done that now: "message-id" is not allowed in SEND
frames, because it clashes with the header that the server places in the
MESSAGE frame. I now realise that this prohibition is what you might
have been referring to.

AMQP also has a message-id property and if you want to set that then you
can use the special "amqp-message-id:" header. The same
"amqp-message-id:" will appear in delivered MESSAGE frames.

-Emile