[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit Management HTTP API issue - deleted queues linger in API responses

Matt Campbell matt at soupmatt.com
Thu Oct 18 19:13:35 BST 2012

On Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:20:54 PM UTC-5, Matt Campbell wrote:

> RabbitMQ version: 2.8.7
> Erlang version: R14B04
>
> We are seeing an issue where queues that have been deleted using the amqp
> basic.delete command tend to linger in the Management console and in calls
> to the HTTP API. This is an issue for us as we are using that API to
> discover dynamically created and deleted queues. Can anyone confirm this
> behavior or offer a suggestion as to how we can mitigate it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

I learned some more about what is going on. If I try to redeclare the
queue, rabbit returns an error unless I match the queue arguments, as I
would expect, but then if I go to delete the queue, I get an error saying
it doesn't exist.

Our setup for this environment is a single node running in cluster mode (we
are planning on adding a second node in the near future) and all our queues
are declared with x-ha-policy set to all.