[rabbitmq-discuss] Upgrading RabbitMQ2.8.6

Tim Watson watson.timothy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 08:34:37 BST 2012

Hi

On 19 Oct 2012, at 08:01, PSL 88506 <psl88506 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Currently we are using RabbitMQ 2.8.4 and Erlang 5.2
> We want to upgrade to RabbitMQ 2.8.6
>
> Would Erlang 5.2 supports RabbitMQ 2.8.6
> or Erlang also needs to be upgraded.
>
> Please respond as this is our urgent requirement.

All 2.8.x versions of the broker will run with Erlang >= R12B03. Some plugins require later versions. So no, you do not have to upgrade erlang if you don't want to, though we recommend doing so if it is possible because the latest erlang often provides important bug fixes and in many cases, major performance improvements.