[rabbitmq-discuss] protecting the cluster from large messages

Mark Ward ward.mark at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 06:35:37 BST 2012

Hi,

Does RabbitMQ have a feature to discard a message before saving it to a
queue and mirroring the message if it is greater than a specific/customized
size?  I am thinking a message size check would prevent a cluster crash
because a client sent messages to big to process and mirror.

If so how would I go about setting this up?

I have not found enough information if the frame size is something I can
try.

-Mark

p.s. I am asking because in my test cluster I can reliably destroy my
cluster in a negative way with messages that surpass memory resources.  I
have learned to use the watermark to help manage acceptable large messages
but the high watermark has not helped to prevent the receipt of
a destructively large messages.