[rabbitmq-discuss] Tracer tool question.

Alex Shneyderman a.shneyderman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 09:36:50 BST 2012

Hello, everyone!

I am using java client (v 2.8.4) and I am trying to setup Tracer tool.
I run local client that connects to the remote rabbit server (to which
I connect with username and password). Now as far as I understood
tracer allows me to point to the target server while listening on
localhost's port 5673. Then my client connects to the localhost:5673
and tracer makes connection to the remote host and start logging the
conversation between my client and remote rabbit.

Now, I started Tracer and trying to connect my client to it does not
seem to work. I get errors on the client side telling me

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:351)
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:213)
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:200)
	at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:432)
	at com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory.createFrameHandler(ConnectionFactory.java:445)
	at com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory.newConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:504)
	at com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory.newConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:545)
	at org.springframework.amqp.rabbit.connection.AbstractConnectionFactory.createBareConnection(AbstractConnectionFactory.java:160)
	... 7 more

Tracer's logs are empty.

Anyone knows what is going on and how can I make tracer work for me?

Cheers,
Alex.