[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit CAS(Central Authentication Service) integration

Simon Lundström simlu at su.se
Wed Oct 10 14:45:40 BST 2012

(Sorry, resent from the correct mail. mailinglistadmin, disregard my
previous mail and sorry!)

We want to use Shibboleth instead of the build in HTTP Auth which
provides similar functionality as CAS does.

On Wed, 2012-10-10 at 10:46:16 +0100, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> On 09/10/12 20:40, Prabodh Upreti wrote:
> >Any guidance on rabbitmq authentication/authorization via CAS.  We would
> >like to remove the user login/pw from rabbitmq and manage it via CAS. I
> >would appreciate any feeback. Thank you.
>
> I had not heard of CAS before, but looking at
> http://www.jasig.org/cas/ it seems very HTTP-centric. All of the
> architecture diagrams and examples seem to assume a user visiting a
> site in a web browser.
>
> I don't know if you can get CAS to back on to an LDAP server, if so
> you could connect RabbitMQ to the same LDAP server. That's about the
> best I can offer you I'm afraid.

Is there no "off" switch for the HTTP Auth in mochiweb? I'd prefer to
use our own web-auth and have everyone that comes in become admin, aka
adminparty.

We can limit the number of users inside of Shibboleth/CAS.

Thanks,
- Simon