[rabbitmq-discuss] Statistics database could not be contacted. Message rates and queue lengths will not be shown.

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Oct 8 11:50:45 BST 2012

Certainly if the stats DB is not around you won't see message counts -
that's its purpose.

It's certainly not *intended* that a network partition lead to the stats
DB going away. It's possible we could do better in this case, but we
store the current location of the stats DB in a distributed DB so you
can imagine how partitioning would lead to problems. I don't want to
spend too much time on this since clusters are not designed for
unreliable networks anyway.

Cheers, Simon