[rabbitmq-discuss] memory flow control

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Oct 4 15:54:37 BST 2012

On 04/10/12 11:47, Raviv Pavel wrote:
> I think I've read somewhere that it's not currently possible.
> I need the same thing :(
>
> On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:47:18 PM UTC+2, Dmitriy Stolyarov wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>     Is there a way to have the producer throw an exception instead of
>     just being blocked when high memory water mark is reached on the
>     server? (Using java client)

Why you would want to treat this condition any different from a network
delay/disruption or a slow server?

It possible to detect that, indirectly, using a technique I described in
http://rabbitmq.1065348.n5.nabble.com/Memory-Management-Concerns-Questions-tp13225p13233.html
(which I shall henceforth call "user level EWOULDBLOCK" ;)

Matthias.