[rabbitmq-discuss] Messages bigger than 150kb

Thomas Spycher thomas.spycher at tech.swisssign.com
Thu Oct 4 09:22:47 BST 2012

Hi Matthias

Thanks for reply!

On Oct 3, 2012, at 19:07 , Matthias Radestock <matthias at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

> Thomas,
>
> On 03/10/12 15:20, Thomas Spycher wrote:
>> I've recognized, that the time to put the mail in the queue takes
>> much longer if its passes the size of 150kb. Below it takes about
>> 0.02 seconds and above more than 1.0 sec. I checked already the
>> frame_size option with no effect.
>
> What client are you using?
Python with the latest pika Library

> What version of the RabbitMQ server are you using?
RabbitMQ 2.8.6 on Erlang R15B02 on OSX

> How did you measure the times above?
Something like that:

timeStart = time.time()

self.rpcchannel.basic_publish(exchange='', routing_key='secureObjects', properties=pika.BasicProperties(reply_to=self.rpcqueue , correlation_id=self._correlation_id,content_type="text/plain",delivery_mode=2), body=serializedObject)

print time.time() - timeStart

while self.response is None:

self.connection.process_data_events()

return self.response